Team Majestic Art by Rajesh is here to show you how to paint a room. A fresh coat of paint can increase the value of your room. You can paint your room in easiest and cheapest ways to freshen it up. A new bright color can immediately amp up the look of your room. Painting is an enormous task but you can master it by using right methods.
Remove furniture and décor when you decide to paint a room. If you do not want to cover some part of the room with paint, cover or mask it up with a painter’s tape. You can protect the floor with a cloth and apply a primer coat with a brush or roller. Once the primer is dry, you can apply the paint.
Following are some of the methodologies that you need to follow:
- Get the relevant tools and supplies. Measure the walls so that you know how much paint you need. For this, you need a tape measure. You also need a primer, stirrer, a pouring spout, roller tray, five-gallon bucket, tray liner and a sponge.
- Remove the movable items and cover things that can’t move. Consider the danger zone to be at least 6 feet parallel from all the surfaces that you will paint.
- If you have time, make the walls flat. Remove all the unnecessary projections like nails. Fill up the large holes with sealing foam (self-expandable). To fill up the small holes, you can use wood putty. If the wall has bumps and ridges, you can make it flat with sandpaper.
- Remove hardware items. If you don’t want to paint the handles, doorknobs, electrical boards, switch covers, doorbells, etc, you need to remove them. If you can’t remove them, mask it with a tape. You can also re-install every hardware item again.
- Make the room free of dust. Avoid dust to blow on the wet paint, otherwise, it will make bumps.
- Consider what you will paint. If you want to mix and match a few colors, make sure that you do it at the same time.
- Remove molds before painting. Mix bleach and water in proportionate ratios to remove Molds. After following this procedure, wash it again with plain water. To prevent the walls from molds in the future, you can also buy the mold and mildew resistant paints and primers.
- Prepare the surfaces before painting. You need to get rid of dust and spider webs before painting. You should also wipe the wall with a sponge. If paint comes with it, you need to scrape it off with a scraping tool or a metal brush.
- Remove the grease from the walls. You can use detergent or any cleaning product to remove the grease.
- Before painting, read the can. You should know how much time it will take for the paint to dry. Also, this will help you to know how long it will take so that you can plan it.
- Priming: Priming is a mandatory procedure that needs to be followed before painting walls. It will help to seal the surface from the water. Also, priming helps in providing an extra layer to the wall. You can paint the walls with a white primer. If you are painting the room with a dark color, you can get your primer tinted. If the walls are glossy or the paint is too shiny, consider using a bonding primer.
- Painting: You can add multiple coats of paint to make it look nice. If the paint is of higher quality, it might take more layers for an even coat.
- After the last coat of the paint is dry, remove the masking. If you have accidentally splatter paint on the hardware despite the masking, you can purchase new hardware.
Let the paint dry; give it at least 2 days. So this is how you can paint a room on your own and enjoy its new color.