‘Should I sell paintings on eBay?’ you must have thought of this question once in your art career.
Gone are those days when art market thrives on art galleries, museums, and art dealers. The growth of the internet has made difference in everyone’s lives. There are many websites and online galleries that allow you to sell paintings online. Selling art online is one of the best things that you can do for a living.
You don’t have to do the door-to-door traditional marketing and yet reach thousands of people in a minute. When it comes to selling art on the auction sites like eBay, one has to follow certain guidelines.
Following are the steps on how to sell paintings on eBay:
1) Set up your own website. This is one of the most vital things that need to be taken care of. Your website should have good photos of the work. It should have shop option and detailed information about you as an art dealer/ artist. This will show that you are a genuine seller.
2) Cross-promotion. This is the best strategy that you can put in place for internet-based marketing. Once you have your website, link it to your eBay account. Also, create your Facebook page and advertise the audience about the latest auctions.
3) Creating an eBay account. Set up your business account and give the complete information about your business. Write in a way that you come out as an authentic seller.
4) Set up a PayPal account. By setting a PayPal account, you will give a secured means of payment option to your users. You need to create either a business or a premier account on PayPal.
5) Get hold of Certificate of Authenticity (COA). This is mandatory if you wish to make a name in the seller industry. People will tend to buy from a reputable art seller.
6) Set up the prices of your art. To learn the art pricing structure, you can read this blog post. Keep researching the ways to sell paintings on eBay. Be updated with the latest auctions.
7) High-quality photographs. Best way to sell paintings on eBay is to attract people by pictures. People who love art, they like to visualize the things. If you don’t know how to click good pictures, hire a professional photographer. If you are planning it click the pictures on your own, you need to take care of many things. Proper lighting is a must. A shaded spot is the best option. Create a gallery effect by using contrasting backgrounds. Do not forget to take photos with different angles. Give some perspective to your art.
8) Advertising the auctions. For advertising and promoting the auctions, you can use a personal blog. You can also use your website and social media pages. Keep updating the audience about the sales regularly.
9) The art of using keywords. To sell paintings online on eBay, this is the most important step that you need to be certain of. Internet marketing is done best when one has focused on the keywords. Focusing on the keywords is important because it will drive traffic to your page. Specify all the terms that you might think that the user must be looking for. You can also research about it on eBay itself.
10) Shipping should be done carefully. For this, you need to wrap the artwork in bubble wraps. Later, seal them in a box by using high-quality packaging tape. Do not forget to describe how your artwork will be shipped to the user. If the artwork is expensive, you can also take shipping insurance.
11) Customer service should be kept in mind. If there is a delay in the dispatch, notify the buyer about it. Always send them the tracking confirmation. Write sweet little notes for your customers. Ask them for a feedback too. Feedbacks will help you in future sales.
12) Subscribe to the eBay store. If you sell a lot on eBay, do not forget to subscribe to the storefront. By subscribing, you will receive several perks too.
This is how you can make a living by selling your art online. We hope you like a step-by-step guide on how to sell paintings on eBay.
Let us know your views in the comment section below!